Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


 Happy mother's day!I had to work this weekend so I was pretty tired before church on Sunday. I got a quick hour nap when I got home at 730 before I had to get ready. But our church was only an hour because they had just laid carpet and it wasn't completely done yet.  I picked a lovely hanging plant for my mother's day present for outside our front door and Isak made me a wonderful card and flower at preschool. Kevin also gave me some chocolate and a card which while not needed was also awesome. We spent most of the day at my parents, I was sleeping while everyone else took my kids, then we headed to Kevin's grandma's and then his mom's. It was a very full day but I feel pretty lucky that we live close enough to have that many people to visit. Lucy celebrated mother's day by dumping cheerios all over the brand new carpet in church and peeing on some bark at the park. Oh Lucy, she is challenging me greatly these days.
 My three sweet kids. I feel so lucky that I get to have three healthy kids to take care of everyday that are mine and Kevin's forever. Pretty awesome. I am so grateful for my own mom and everything she taught me growing up and still teaches me. She is so great with my kids and loves being a grandma. We are lucky we get to see her so often. I am also super grateful for Kevin's grandma and mom, they are always so excited to see our kids and are happy to come to all their little events and games. We love them!
 Isak's tball game was on Saturday and it was across the street at the park. He did a great job batting and hitting the ball off the tee. But the poor kid woke up at five that morning and was pretty tired. He later fell asleep on the couch for an hour and he NEVER takes naps.
 Last weekend we had a yard sale at my house. Lucy discovered this great chicken suit someone was selling along with rollerskates that just happened to be in her size. She has worn this and the purple eyore suit she also found daily since and I have done many washings.
 Our cabinets came for our kitchen and are stacked all over our house. We had some leftover cardboard from one of them we had to open early and we made a fort in Isak's room with it. I let the kids decorate the inside and we threw a sheet over the top.

1 comment:

Victoria Gilbert said...

Happy mother's day!! Wyatt has that same chicken costume. It was his halloween costume (and Josh's before that), but he wears it all the time for kicks. You are so lucky to have all the moms and grandmas right there, I am super jealous. Isak looks so cute in his tball uniform!