Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Lucy doing her yoga pose with Kevin. That girl is incredibly flexible, its amazing. We have been so busy the past few weeks with Christmas approaching as I am sure everyone is. I just got our Christmas cards sent out today and mailed the last few packages. The kids are so excited for Christmas and Lucy loves our "mistmis tree!". I showed them the new bible videos on lds.org and Lucy LOVES them and keeps asking to "watch baby Jesus!". I guess there are worse things she could watch. Isak especially seems to get it this year and asked to make sure I get his letter to Santa so he knows exactly what he wants. The other day he told Kevin and I he wanted an RPN. We asked him what that was and he said, "a rocket propelled nerf gun!". I guess he is starting to understand acronyms!.
My young women and I made gingerbread houses last week at my house and my kids were pretty impressed. Actually I only had one girl, poor thing, and she was stuck with me the whole time. She was nice enough to gift her house to my kids and Lucy promptly named it "lucy's house" and told me, "its so nice!". She loves to sit by it and talk about it and actually has eaten very little off of it, just wants to admire it. We are making ours next week and Isak keeps telling me he needs one his army guys can live in.
Isak has been asking to make a fruit rainbow, for some reason, so today I obliged and we created this. Isak has been telling everyone that he has a cat named Carro that lives in our attic and is very nice. Everyone once in a while he has kevin lift him up there and let him look around. He even told his whole preschool class about this as well as the snow leopard that lives in our yard. The kids comes up with some impressive stories. Last week he told me that blue otter pops have more fiber than the other colors. I don't know what he knows about fiber but he has a memory like no other so I'm sure he heard it from somewhere.
I have about 5 weeks of this pregnancy left and have started to get pretty uncomfortable. Sleep is getting harder, as well as moving in general and I have been pretty cranky. Poor Kevin and my kids. This combined with Christmas just has been a lot to deal with. I am working on being more agreeable and trying to save my patience for my children. My mom and I went shopping on Saturday and I got everything I need for this baby, either boy or girl, and I am all set. Just trying to wrap my head around the idea of a third kiddo around here but we are so excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lena, Lucy - Hypermobility Syndrome runs in the family. I'm still that flexible. I did YW's for a while and had one lone girl who would show up all the time with me and my 70 year old adviser. thank Heavens for good sports.

Katie said...

You are such a great mom. Fruit rainbow? Amazing. Also, I love the stories about your kids. They are hilarious.