Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve

On Friday before Christmas, we made gingerbread houses at my parents' house. My brother Aaron is here visiting from Texas for Christmas and Isak absolutely loves and idolizes him. Apparently he wants to be an engineer just like Uncle Aaron because he is "so smart". Anyway, we do graham cracker houses and Isak was very specific that he wanted to make a "spooky gingerbread house". He let me know which decorations were spooky and which ones were not. He also really wanted to decorate for Christmas eve with our Halloween decorations but fortunately I couldn't get to them.
Notice the spooky candy corn on the house? As well as the broken house and hole in the gumdrop window...
On Christmas Eve, my parents and brother came to our house and we acted out the nativity. Here is Isak being a wiseman and bringing his "treasure" to the baby Jesus. I was Mary and Lucy was suppose to be the angel but not surprisingly, she was not cooperating. My brother Aaron was nice enough to be a Shepard and wiseman with Isak.

My dad read us The Grinch who stole Christmas, which has been a christmas tradition in our family since I can remember. He does the best actions and voice to the grinch and Isak was quite enthralled.

Lucy was determined to keep sticking stuffed animals in the tree despite numerous reminders and warnings not too, which led to this....
Followed by timeout in her crib. Did I mention she is getting to be super fun lately?

And the kids were less than excited to pose for me with their pajamas in front of the tree. Stinkers. We put out milk and cookies for Santa and carrots for his reindeer.

1 comment:

roxrocks said...

Lucy is so big! I hate that I have become one of those people who say "you are so big!" lol. Good luck and I hope you have popped!