Tuesday, October 4, 2011


Isak's soccer has one more week. To say the least, it has been entertaining. Isak isn't so much focused on following the ball as he is on doing summersaults, twirling, picking grass, and trying to wrestle down his teammates. But he is only 4 and he is having fun, I think I will try wrestling for him next fall and see how he does with that.
We had a very busy weekend but Sunday morning was wonderful. Kevin let me sleep in till 830 since I worked the evening before, then I got up and made breakfast and scones. We sat around in our pajamas and watched conference.

Lucy especially enjoyed herself. I let her hair go crazy, she got to run around with all her puppets, and Kevin was nice enough to let the kids jump on him like a jungle gym. On second thought, maybe watching conference was more fun for me than Kevin.....
We found an exercise band and the kids were loving playing with it tonight. I don't know why even buy them actual toys.
Isak was having Kevin stretch it across the living room down the hallway then letting it snap. They thought this was the greatest game ever.
Lucy and Isak love this show called zooboomafoo on PBS. It talks about different animals and their habitats. Lucy gets particularly excited, as you can tell. Listen closely, I swear she is saying "horse" and well, not something else.
BABY UPDATE
I was going to post a picture of my preggo self but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe next week. I am about 25 weeks and carrying this baby lower than the other 2. I am guessing this is why I have been so uncomfortable so early on in this pregnancy. Either that or the 33lb 2 year old that still thinks she needs to be carried and picked up all the time. Or more likely is that fact that I am getting older, this is my 3rd pregnancy, and my body is just tired. I have been able to keep running which I think has helped, although my belly has started hitting the bar on the treadmill so I might have to revise my form. We have had 2 ultrasounds and the baby looks great. We decided to not find out the gender since the delivery with Lucy was so fun not knowing. Isak has decided if its a boy to name it pickles and if its a girl, strawberry. Kevin is convinced its a girl, and I have been wrong every time so I am not going to guess. But if it is a girl and she is like Lucy, Kevin gets to deal with her when she's 16. And he gets to brush out her hair.

1 comment:

Victoria Gilbert said...

She is so stinkin' cute in that video! I am cracking up watching it. Such a fun age!!! I love the silly band games... I will have to dig mine out to keep the kids occupied. Please post a preggo pic! i want to see how cute you are! And yes, you do look cute!