Sunday, October 9, 2011


Tonight we had some friends over and Isak enjoyed playing dress-up with their little girl. Luckily she thinks spiderman is as cool as Isak does. Sadly (gladly?), I cannot say the same for Isak and princess dresses.Isak has officially stopped taking naps. I knew it would happen, he's been 4 since May and I have really been lucky with how long he has lasted. However, it has been a rough transition for both of us. I am used to being able to sleep for an hour if I need to, which with pregnancy I usually do, and Isak gets tired early in the evening. I try to have "quiet" time for him but he doesn't grasp the concept of doing things by himself easily so usually I am involved with his quiet time. Which is fine, I just really need a break some days and don't get one anymore. We are spending lots of quality time together...lots of candyland, playdough, computer games, bad guy fighting, puzzles, and reading books. We did these things before, now we just do them when Lucy is sleeping and he really loves not having his sister there to interrupt his time with mom. With number 3 coming soon and Isak starting kindergarten next fall, I know I just need to take a deep breath and enjoy this time with him at home. That's just easier some days than others!
My mom and I canned applesauce this weekend, 26 quarts, it should last a while. I love it for breakfast with cottage cheese and I figure I will have a baby eating lots of the stuff come this summer.
We had some rainy days this week, I think fall has officially arrived. So the kids and I made a giant fort in our front room. It was huge!Lucy loved it as well. Someone needs to tell her that its now October because she keeps asking to wear her swimsuit and go in the "swimin pool!".Today I even put her in it to make her happy but instead caused a complete meltdown. She was also very loud during church today, singing "Old mcdonald had a farm" repeatedly and tracking down innocent babies and going "Oh hey, its a babies!" then patting them on the head. The lady in front of us said she was having flashbacks of Kevin's little sister during church. I would like to point out that all of our kid's crazy behavior comes from his side.....

2 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Your fort looks awesome. Way to go on the applesauce!

Mike and Lisa said...

Emmett quit taking naps at waay too early of an age (about 2 1/2). We do quiet time every day. At first it was difficult for him to understand it, but now he does it every day like a pro. Try getting a timer and setting it for like 15 minutes or whatever and telling him when the timer goes off quiet time is over... and continue until you get up to whatever time you want. Emmett has quiet time in his room, alone every day for an hour. Its heavenly! (And sometimes he even falls asleep).