Sunday, December 12, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

I realized I still haven't blogged about Thanksgiving. Aaron and Mark were able to come up and Isak LOVED having two of his uncles here to give him lots of attention. We took him bowling and he had lots of fun nudging the ball down the lane at 2mph. He got bored after about 5 turns and went to play in the arcade. Lucy spent the whole time trying to run after the ball in the lane so she was quickly banned from that area.
We had so much snow! We usually don't get that much in this area but we had a TON at Thanksgiving! There were drifts all over our backyard. Most of it melted this wekkend but we got some more snow last night. Isak is loving it so hopefully we at least have a little through the winter. Isak and I built a snow fort out in the front yard one night and he was insistent on drinking hot chocolate in his snow fort.


Last Saturday Kevin and I went to Apple Cup with my parents. I graduated from WSU back when their football program was a bit more stellar but I will always be a true Coug at heart. It was actually a really good game, WSU played better than I thought and it was close up till the end. It was fun to visit the campus and see the changes that have happened since I was there. Oh and it was freezing cold! I wore running tights under my jeans in addition to hand and feet warmers.
I still am sad we didn't make a Boise State game this year. We will have to go to 2 next year to make up for it.
We finally got our christmas lights up, although this picture doesn't display that. I was helping kevin just finish them in the front when I must have tugged on them wrong or something and they ALL CAME DOWN. Like dominoes. Kevin turned around just in time to see them one by one, all fall off the roof. We just had to laugh, I didn't even know that was possible. Luckily they went back up pretty quick.
Lucy has been loving these plastic animals lately, particularly the sheep, horse, and elephant. She takes them to bed with her and makes them talk to each other. Sometimes we find her in the morning with them lined up at the side of her crib and buzz lightyear jumping on them. She's awesome.

Our ward christmas party was last night. We had dinner then the kids decorated sugar cookies. They did a children's theater and read the Grinch that Stole Christmas. Isak was particularly excited for this part as he just loves stories. I didn't realize just how excited or I might have had him sit back with me. See, all the kids were sitting in the front where the adults were passing the microphone and reading the story. Isak was hyped up on sugar cookies and quite excited for story time. He started repeating the story back to them, quite loudly, and would pick out phrases he liked. Such as "AND ROAST BEAST!! HAHAHA!" "HE CAME DOWN THE CHIMNEY!". He wasn't being super disruptive and he was just really excited, not trying to be naughty, so I let him listen and do his thing. It was pretty dang funny.
They during the nativity scene, Isak yelled at me right before they started to sing, "OH NO MOM! MY COSTUME, HURRY FIX IT!". So then I had to run up there and fix it to which he yells, '"NO tighten it, mom!". Anyway, people laughed so apparently no one was too annoyed. I had several people come up to me today and yesterday and say they enjoyed Isak's "performance" last night. One girl even asked me if he was like that at home. When I said, Oh yes, She said, "wow, you must be really busy". Yea, I just assumed everyone's kids were this nuts but apparently Isak is especially crazy. Just wait till he's in sunbeams, I'm doubting it will be this cute in the middle of sharing time!
"Cheese!". Lucy just found kids to run around with and screamed a lot. She's starting to be very verbal which is great but its kind of a pain too. She was yelling "I want to go ooome!" over and over towards the end. Yea.
Then yesterday Kevin and I also had the chance to go the temple together, one of my very bestest friends was going though for the first time and I got to go. It was super awesome and a great experience. I am so excited for her and know she will be an awesome missionary!

4 comments:

Cassidy said...

Carter is just like Isaak, no worries! hahaa. BOYS. That's all I gotta say.

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Are you in Kathy's ward?

Lena Gilbert said...

Susan, yes we are! Isak reminds a lot of people of Kevin as a child and say that it is karma.

susan said...

Complete karma. LOL!