Sunday, November 21, 2010

"The Angel has left the building". This is what Kevin declared the other day as Lucy deliberately took the christmas balls, threw them, then smacked Isak on the side of the head. Her looks are so deceiving. She started hitting this week, Hitting when she's mad, hitting when she doesn't get what she wants. Its a problem. At least its not biting, but still. She will look at me, I will tell her no, then she looks at me sideways with her eyes, and does it anyway.
Then she shrieks, yells, kicks, and screams, usually, "no! no! no! no!". She's only 21 months, time out is kind of hard because she doesn't understand. So I tell her "no" firmly and displace her away from whatever it is. This kind of works....mostly not. She gets when Isak is in timeout, because she will walk over and start scolding him in her babble and pointing her finger, enraging him. Oh how she loves to irritate him.
Anyway, I've heard of people wanting all their kids to be 2 years apart and blah blah blah so they are well adjusted. Well, dear next child of mind, it might be a while so if you are feeling ill adjusted later in life due to the birth order and spacing of your siblings, you can blame your dear sister. She's driving me batty. The kids and I made sugar cookies on Tuesday while Kevin was studying late. My mom got us all these super cute aprons at a christmas bazar. Lucy and I have matching ones!


I never thought Isak would be the easier kid, but these days, he's much easier to manage. It helps he can communicate well and can tell us what he wants. He's so excited about the snow out side tonight, we went out and played in it for a while. Its amazing how kids never get cold, I was freezing and he was just having a great time.

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

Girls must get into the Terrible Two's earlier than boys, because I swear our Meg is already in them too.