Saturday, July 17, 2010

Michigan!

We just got back from a week in Michigan on Tuesday and I am just now finally feeling adjusted back 3 hours. The time change really threw my kids for a loop but after a few painful mornings up 430 and 6 am wake up calls, they seem to be back on schedule. Kevin's brother Jason and his wife Vicki live in Ypsilanti, Michigan and my kids and I have never visited their house so we thought it was time for a trip! With the bravery of my mother-in-law, we journeyed the 5 hour plane ride and airports and made it without too much trauma or injury. Isak really loved being able to play with his cousins and had a great time!
He even got to try on Josh's sweet dress up clothes and Claire would routinely request Lucy to dress up as a "princess" like her. Most days the kids spent in the yard swimming and playing and Isak would usually not being wearing all his clothes...Remove Formatting from selection

Notice Lucy talking on my cell phone? She walks around chatting into it ALL the time. I think we may have a problem when she gets to be about 13. I am pretty sure she has managed to call everyone in my contacts list at some point and have a conversation. So, be warned.We toured the University of Michigan campus where Jason works, this is one of the hallways on campus.
Isak and Josh crashed out on the couch with their "tucker" and "hopdog".

All the kids playing dress up, Josh trying to lasso random objects. Pretty sure he was lassoing the car at some point.

My adorable children on the university campus. Isak was pretty excited. We really have to work on the whole opening your eyes for a picture thing.


I love how they are posed around this sign, it wasn't intentional, but it totally looks like this sign is referring to Isak and Claire. We spent a day at the Toledo zoo, it was insane and really, really hot. The zoo is HUGE and it was very crowded, even the animals looked a little cranky.
Lucy does this crazy yelling thing alot. I think this picture pretty much sums up her whole personality.


Claire and Lucy as pretty princesses. I am excited for Lucy to get old enough to actually understand whats going on, I think she will have lots of fun playing with Claire.

And Lucy ate a marker. Again. Only this time it was red and she managed to smear it all over her lips. I wonder at what point she will quit trying to eat crayons, chalk, markers, everying inedible....

We had a great time, although I think next time I am dragging Kevin with me so he can fully experience what its like to drag two toddlers on an airplane, through an airport, and adjust to a 3 hour time difference. I don't want him to feel left out...

1 comment:

Victoria Gilbert said...

Great pics!!!! We had fun :) Thanks for flying here with your kids (which was stressful), and for helping me plant my garden! Maybe we'll have a little time to help you plant when we come in August.
Come back anytime and help me weed the garden!! haha