Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! The kids saw Santa at our ward christmas party a week ago. I was determined to get a santa picture, much to their dismay. Lucy couldn't stop staring at him and Isak just wanted to get the heck out of there.

Isak "helped" me make sugar cookies this year, he loves to put sprinkles on the cookies. He also loves to smash raw dough onto the cooked cookies and try to push the cookie cutter onto already cooked cookies. But he sure had a lot of fun!
Christmas Eve this year we spent with Kevin's family. Every year they spend Christmas Eve at his grandparents with all of their family, they eat, sing, and open presents. It was fun, except for Isak's major breakdown when some children received nerf guns and I didn't have one for him. I had brought him a present, but plastic dinosaurs just can't compete with a nerf gun. He didn't understand of course, and was crying and saying "I want the gun, I want the gun" It was very sad. So we took him home early with the promise that Santa was bringing him his own gun in the morning.


Isak and Lucy "posed" for a picture. This is as about as good as it gets when it comes to taking a picture of them together.


But Lucy was more than willing to pose for me...

Isak on Christmas morning building a home for his dinosaur with his new blocks. That's Kevin trying to shovel some breakfast in his mouth.

Isak was pretty impressed with the loot he woke up to on Christmas morning. Below is him posing for me on top of presents.

Lucy was also quite excited for all of her presents. She woke up too early and was pretty grumpy during present opening. She spent most it trying to go back to sleep..

In the afternoon we went to my parent's house and had Christmas number two. This is Lucy with a doll that I got for christmas 20 years ago. My mom made her some new clothes and spruced her up a bit. I loved this doll and carried it with me everywhere. Lucy looks pretty excited to have her to play with.



Isak was playing with uncle mark wearing his safety goggles.

Isak thought every present that was opened was his, including all of Lucy's. We got her a play table and he started carrying it around and pushing her down whenever she would get near the thing. Finally we got them to agree for a few brief seconds to play together...Oh and Lucy took her first steps at my mom's house on Christmas! It was only a step but she did it a few more times that day. Very exciting. She's growing really fast, I even braided her hair the other day. Hopefully we should get the keys to our house tomorrow...anyone up for a New Years Eve painting party??


1 comment:

Ty Robbins said...

That's too funny about the nerf gun. The boys in my family did the same thing. Only their over 25. Haha.