Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Isak!







Isak turned 2 yesterday and we had a little party for him. We had a small one with some family in Othello a few weeks ago and another one for him yesterday with a few friends. I made him a Spider cake with matching spider cupcakes that Isak correctly identified as "the bugs". Isak is a very nice little boy and extremely active. He has been practicing being two for a while now so I'm thinking he will be very good at it. He loves to be outside and "exploring", finding bugs and defenseless cats. He loves bubbles, sprinklers, kitties, chips, popsicles, and mauling his little sister. He sleeps with his stuffed dog and bunny and carries them around when he's tired. He has a big heart and still loves to cuddle with his mom. I really wanted to include some baby pictures of Isak but alas our computer isn't working and I am using a different one with none of my pictures on it...picture a really chubby baby with blonde hair. Anyway, we love you Isak and are so glad you are part of our family!

Isak and his cake. Really he ate all the ice cream and scraped the frosting off with the fork. He kept eyeing the cake all day and asking for it so he was pretty excited when it was time to eat.
My pictures upload sideways on this computer, I have no idea why. This is his spider cake.


And the spider cupcakes that were much easier in theory to make than reality.

We bought Isak a bubble gun that shoots continous bubbles and a waterpillar sprinkler. I think the sprinkler was kind of scary for him, it kind of weirded me out too but I think he will get use to it. The bubble gun was a huge success and Isak went through two bottles of bubbles in about 30 minutes. Good things bubbles are so cheap!



And cute pictures of Lucy because she is three months and super adorable. I went shopping for her yesterday for our family pictures and found that white dress for $4 and pink jellies for $2. This sunhat was also one of my great finds for $2. I also found her a pink swimsuit and denimn overall skirt thing for cheap. I have to find cheap clothes becauseI have such a hard time resisiting all the cute little girl things that are out there! Our pool opened up this weekend in our community and we are taking the kids swimming tomorrow, we'll see how it goes..!










I

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I can't believe he is already two. Cute cake and cupcakes. Also Lucy is adorable and the dress is really cute.

Victoria Gilbert said...

Wow 2 already!! that went fast! That means Claire will be 2 in 4 months! aww our little babies are growing up. The spider cake and cupcakes are cute!! Ya they always look easy online and then making them is another story! :) Lucy's white dress is sweet too!