Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Boxes

There is a lot of construction going on in our neighborhood and the house behind us a little ways is being build. They put in the appliances yesterday and put out the boxes into their construction trash bin which will randomly have great finds. I thought these boxes looked like a great toy for Isak and dragged them across the lawn back to our house. (while herding Isak and carrying lucy in the front pack, it was awesome). I cut him out some windows and he ate his snack in there. He kept asking, box? box? when he wanted to go back out to his box. WHy do we buy toys again? THen Kevin came home and retrieved more boxes. They (Kevin) made this fort while I was at work last night, pretty cool, huh? I think Kevin was more excited than Isak. And it has overtaken my living room, but that's okay.
Its been really warm and we need to go buy some Isak some summer clothes...in the meantime, we're being creative.

Kevin after his first night with the kids all by himself when I went back to work this weekend. He actually did really well and they all survived which is all I ask.











5 comments:

Nana said...

I love his box fort, I know his Daddy and brothers would have had so much fun in there. Then after the fun, fun in jumping and flattening them. :)

Whitney R said...

How fun, lena!! I bet isak just loves playing in this. :) makes me happy :)

p.s. if you'd like, I can come stay with you in June for the week Kevin is gone - just let me know!!

Kevin and Eliza said...

What an awesome fort!

Korbi said...

AND they are still smiling? way to go Kevin. I ask myself the same question, why do we even buy toys? Boxes are so great!

Anonymous said...

Boxes are a wonderful thing!