Friday, August 29, 2008

Campbell Reunion Take 2.......

Well here's the rest of our trip. We headed up to a friend's cabin in Island Park for 4 days and while we were there we toured yellowstone and played at the lake. Also, I would like all of you to take note of the monumentous occasion that has been documented in the above picture. Yes, that is my husband who I somehow conned into running a 5k with me at the mesa falls marathon and fun run. I am so proud of him! I doubt he will ever do it again, at least not unless I'm giving him a motorcycle or something, but he finished. If you do remember, I had grand plans to run this marathon back in May. I did it a couple years ago and it was a beautiful course but then well for obvious reasons I couldn't run the marathon this time around being pregnant so I settled for the fun run. We both got 2nd in our age groups which I don't think is too shabby for a pregnant lady and a guy who hasn't ran a foot race in well his life.
In fact, my sister and I got pretty much our entire family to do the fun run with us. Notice the matching yellow sweat bands in the below picture. Even Valerie's kids did the 1 mile race and we all placed somewhere in our age groups because well lets face it, ashton isnt that big of a town. Valerie did the full marathon because she is super hard core and also placed in her age group which is probably a lot cooler. She ran the race with a nasty case of poison oak all over her legs which made her seem even more daring.
Before the Race. Notice Isak pushing the stroller in the background.
Isak loved wearing our medals around his neck. I think someday he will be a great runner. Or probably more like a wrestler.
My brothers at yellowstone. I think my dad would set up a tent there and live with the bears and elk if he could. It was really fun.
The three of us at the "paint pots". The geysers and pools there were amazing. The sulfur stunk and it was quite windy when we were there but amzing, nonetheless.
We had played lots of games, including one of our family favorites, Settlers of Catan.
So this had been a long day for isak and I don't think he had gotten his morning nap. By the time we were waiting for old faithful to erupt, he had about had it and kevin decided to placate him with blue m&ms. .....what could i do.
We saw a lot of these super blue pools, I think the color comes from all the sulfur. They were beautiful.
Us in front of Old faithful. It was very geyser like and exploded up in the air although this wasn't my favorite attraction at yellowstone. We stopped at a place called midgeyser basin where there is a billows of steam coming up out of this deep cliff that has this beautiful deep blue pool at the bottom.You walk along a boardwalk and on either side there is steam coming up out of this billowing water/lava looking stuff. It was blowing pretty hard and I was convinced i was going to get blown into the molten hot lava.


4 comments:

Korbi said...

Ashton, Idaho, home of that huge hamburger place right? Big Jud's. We used to go there all the time. Ashton is also where Stephen's parents left him when he was about 9 yrs old and they didn't notice until they were 3 hours away sitting down to eat at a restaurant.

Monte and Brittany said...

man you guys have had such a fun summer all these camping trips!! so next year monte hopefully wont have to work as much and we can all go on a fun vacation together!!
see ya later today! :)
GO BSU!

Whitney R said...

I loved Yellowstone! I'm glad you got to go with your family. I sure want to run something! Ashton is only really home to my chiropractor.

P.S. I can't get MSN to work to talk to you. It's driving me crazy, I'm going to restart my comp.

Kevin and Eliza said...

Congrats! I just found out you are prego. :) That is wonderful. I'm impressed about your family all running. That is really cool. It looks like you have been having a really fun summer.