Sunday, May 4, 2014

Quinn's Baby Blessing




 This sweet little boy was blessed today and Kevin gave him a wonderful blessing. Lucky for Kevin and me, his phone actually had memory to record the blessing so there wasn't a repeat of the very unfortunate incidence with Edyn's when it was too full and we didn't know till after..It was a good blessing and I plan to transcribe it for Quinn and keep it for him. I love that most of kids have their blessings to look back and read as they get older, hopefully they will find them to be helpful and a comfort. Quinn looked quite dapper in his knit outfit and white socks and was good and didn't start crying till after the blessing.
 My parents came up for the day and helped us juggle kids. I took pictures with everyone that I could gather after church that were dressed up and documented the best I could.

 It was a tad rough being after church and the kids were hungry, tired and wiggly. However, being our fourth go around with this, I have really low expectations of quality pictures so I am pretty happy that everyone is just in the same frame.
 Kevin's brother Nathan and his wife Stephanie were also there. Kevin's parents, grandma, and sister Whitney were also there but I didn't get to snag them in time for a picture with Quinn.  We had a BBQ at our house afterwards and had a great time visiting with family and letting the kids play with cousins.
It was a great day and I feel so grateful that Kevin has been able bless all four of our children. FOUR children. They are crazy and hectic and most days I feel that I don't have a handle on anything but I wouldn't trade them or this time in our lives for anything. Someday they will be bigger and need me less and while that will probably make for a cleaner house, it will also be a little sad too. So I am trying to remember that this will get easier. Which is sometimes hard to do when I am defending Quinn against all of Edyn's "love" and pulling his binkies out of her mouth....

No comments: