Friday, May 23, 2014

Isak's 7th Birthday

 My Isak turned seven today.  I brought ice cream cups to school and he got to show Quinn to all the kids in his class. He requested a Minecraft birthday party so I did the best I could..first we had a "potion" table where we made Gak out of borax and glue.


 They had to make sure to follow the directions exactly or it wouldn't mix right. We had to throw one batch out into the garden that didn't work.
 Th
Next we did the classic mentos in diet coke experiment which was a huge hit. I had three bottles of Coke when we did it and the kids thought it was super awesome.

 We also played pin the tail on the Minecraft pig.
 The kids had cupcakes and ice cream for dessert.  They had to go on a scavenger hunt to find the cupcakes though the house that eventually led them to the fridge in the basement.

 There was also an Agast pinata I made out of a box that Kevin was brave enough to hold for the kids to hit.

 We had our family party that night and Isak requested TimeOut pizza for dinner.  After eating there, we came back to the house for cake and presents.  The Minecraft cake didn't quite turn out like I thought but Isak still loved it and it was still edible.

 Isak got lots of great presents. A MineCraft book, Minecraft figures and legos, battling robots, new StarWars Lego book, marshmallow guns, pottery wheel and money.  I think he had a pretty great day!

No comments: