Sunday, May 4, 2014

 Isak and Lucy started t-ball this spring and are on two different teams.  Lucy is in the pee-wee ball and Isak is in actual t-ball.  Its been crazy with them on different teams with different schedules of practices and games.  They had opening day parade last Saturday and got to walk with their teams down main street.  So far they both seem to like it okay, Lucy is more enthusiastic than Isak but that comes as no surprise.  Isak is on the "Mudders" and Lucy is on the "Sprouts".  Isak can hit the ball pretty well but loves to run with his arms swinging in circles, as Kevin describes it, a "zombie like run". Its fairly entertaining. He also likes to chit chat in the outfield and I'm not quite sure how much attention he pays to the actual ball.  Lucy at her game yesterday tried to catch her own team's ball while she was on the base which was interesting. So, we may have some work to do. But they sure are cute.
 Oh Miss Edyn. She sure LOVES her baby brother. I thought she might ignore the baby when I was pregnant. I was horribly mistaken. She likes to take his blanket off him in the carseat while we are driving and pull out his binkies and put them in her mouth. She also will hit his carseat while yelling at him, "Wake up baby! Wake up!" That's one of her favorite things to do. She also loves to pull his sun shade back and forth on his car seat repeatedly. This is especially awesome because I'm driving while all this is going on. She seems to have really embraced the age of two. This week was really full of special things that she had going on....She snapped Isak's glasses frames off, threw my cleaning supplies in the toilet, ran away from me to the neighbors yard while I was feeding Quinn (couldn't find her for 5 minutes, scared me to death),  and she's half decided she might want to be potty trained. In that, every morning, she doesn't want her diaper on. She wants to use the potty. So I take her down there and sometimes she does go potty and other times she just wants to be naked and tell you repeatedly she wants to go potty so she doesn't get a diaper. Then she pees on my floor, my rug, my couch while I'm feeding Quinn and attempts to clean it up with clean laundry or baby blankets. If I get a diaper on her but no pants, it will be off within seconds and there will be a repeat of the above. Then she tells me, "I'm sorwee!!" over and over in her cute little voice which would feel more sincere if she didn't keep tearing off her diaper and peeing everywhere.  She loves to lay on Quinn when he is in the bouncer or swing and talk to him. Her voice instantly goes up a few octaves when she does this, it is very sweet. She likes to say "I yove you" and "its okay" over and over when he cries.  She keeps me on my toes for sure.
Isak really loves Quinn as well.  He always wants to know where he is when he gets home from school and what cute things he did that day.  He loves it when I let him feed him a bottle and burp him.  He's always asking me to take pictures of him and is a huge help to me with getting diapers and taking care of Edyn when I'm busy feeding Quinn.  He's just so darn excited to have a brother I think, may he always feel that way about Quinn!

No comments: