Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Girls

 Lucy has been in preschool for a little while now and it has been amazing to see her progress. She has struggled with her fine motor skills and so I was impressed when she traced my "rainbow dash" sign pretty well! She can write most of the letters in her name by herself and is getting better with her coloring. I feel like she grew so fast and so much that the other parts of her had a hard time keeping up.  She loves to draw pictures of unicorns and ponies and rainbows. She's 100% girl.
 Funny story about preschool that I'm just now getting too 6 weeks later. Lucy was having some issues with direction following there and I was called in to help calm her down one day. Apparently she made the teacher chase her around the room when she was trying to put her into timeout for not listening. So she got in trouble and as a result, became hysterical. The teacher called me and I could hear Lucy just bawling in the background. I came right over and talked with her and helped calm her down. The teacher told me that when she told Lucy she was going to call her mom Lucy started yelling, "No, call my grandma! Why you call my mom? Why you do that to me?" And kept repeating that over and over. The teacher thought it was pretty funny. Anyway, we sorted that out and she has done much better since then. Did I mention how great it was for her to go everyday and learn to listen to adults? Such great preparation for Kindergarten!
 Lucy is quite the ham and also started dance this past fall. I figured the coordination skills combined with needing to focus for 45 minutes would be good for her. She LOVES it and if she can get past the giant mirror on the wall, does a pretty okay job of following along and doing the moves. She just loves to watch herself so much...She sings to us and dances for us all day and lately her favorite songs have been the equestria girl songs from My Little Pony. Today she tried to teach the lyrics to her Sunbeam class.

 I love having my girls home with me during the day while Isak's at school.  Our house has definitely become girlier with two girls that love everything pink and ponies and princesses. Poor Isak!

No comments: