Monday, May 6, 2013

More of April





My brother Aaron came into town for a few days to visit my parents and my kids were very excited to see him. He is definitely one of their favorite uncles. Him and Isak built this stick cage around Edyn. I have fond memories of building similar cages around my little brother growing up and then letting him break out of it.




Which Edyn was able to break out of quite well. Lucy scored herself a new swimsuit that she was very excited to model for me.
 While Aaron was visiting we celebrated his birthday and Isak got the job of placing all the candles in the cake.


 Aaron is incredibly talented at making costumes. Not just regular, sewn together costumes. But very elaborate stuff...This is one of the masks he made, the jaw moves when you talk. It still needs the eyes sewn on. He even hand makes the eyes an sculpts it all into the shape he wants. Lucy kept saying, "Little pig, Little pig let me in!" over and over. I'll have to post a full costume sometime that he has made, they are very elaborate.
A couple Mondays ago we needed to run to Tri-Cities to get Lucy's glasses and we decided to go to the temple for FHE and let the kids run around.  They thought it was great even though the grounds were closed and we tried to show them the Angel Moroni and explain a few things. Hopefully it will stick. And they had dipped ice cones for the first time ever which they absolutely loved.

No comments: