Thursday, March 28, 2013


Last Friday night my parents offered to take the kids overnight and bring them back Saturday morning. I was scheduled to work at 11pm Friday but Kevin and I had the evening off together. I love when we get childless evenings together and we hadn't been to the temple yet in March so we decided to go do a quick session and go out to dinner. Between my work schedule, Kevin's work plus his extra tax stuff, our three kids and the billion other things it seems we have going on right now, it was so nice to escape it all for an hour. I love this beautiful place and I love it even more when I get to go with Kevin. Such a peace that is found there and I know that it adds to a calmness to our lives when we leave. So grateful we have one that is close to us that we get to attend on a regular basis.

 Monday night we colored eggs with the kids. They were super excited, despite Isak's very solemn face.  I baked the eggs in the oven instead of boiling them and it worked pretty well. There were some brown spots but they were covered by the dye. The kids liked writing/drawing on the eggs with crayon then watching their  design show up through the dye. We also got some shiny paint stuff for the eggs that was also pretty messy but fun to use. And despite my hands being dyed green for the past week and some spillage of the dye all over the table, it went pretty well!



Kevin left town on Tuesday for a few days and should be back sometime late tonight.  He left me with two soccer games of the kids to coach and this poor little baby who keeps spiking fevers.  Kevin has coached soccer now for three seasons and I don't know how he did it. Your own kids never listen as well to you as they do to someone else telling them what to do.   It was fairly frustrating as both of them are on the team and Lucy never wants to go out when I want her too and Isak is crying the curses of the world every time the other team scores a goal.  Luckily my parents came to my rescue on Tuesday and helped with Edyn and tonight Kevin's grandma was awesome enough to drive down and help me. I am so lucky to have so much family nearby. 
Edyn started with a fever last night and was up several times last night fussy and super hot. Today she hasn't been much better and I'm hoping to take her to the doctor tomorrow.   She's usually so happy, its pretty pathetic to see her so sad. However, the kids and I were stuffing Easter eggs tonight and Edyn discovered the bag of M&M's. That sure made her happy in a hurry!

No comments: