Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween!

 Halloween this year was interesting as always. Luckily my kids have lots of costumes so its just a matter of picking which one they actually want to wear on Halloween. Isak got to wear his costume to school that day and wore his bird costume. I thought his teacher would appreciate him not having a full body suit he had to climb in and out of all day. Can you imagine 20 plus kindergartners wearing costumes and trying to use the bathroom all day? I would go nuts. Anyway, He really wanted to be iron man for Halloween night and Edyn recycled the awesome skunk suit while Lucy rocked the crazy chicken outfit. Can't believe I scored that for a $1! Look at that orange hair! She got lots of comments on her costume, I thought it fit her personality quite well :).
 On Halloween night we had a trunk or treat at the church and then went to some friends houses and the hospital to trick or treat.
The kids went around once and got quite a bit of candy. Edyn wasn't enjoying it quite as much, it was pretty cold.
 Isak's class went to the pumpkin patch the week before and each got to pick out a pumpkin for a $1. I was glad I got to go and meet him there, he was pretty excited to see me when he got off the bus.
                         Isak's whole kindergarten class at the pumpkin patch with their pumpkins.

 Lucy also went to the pumpkin patch with her preschool and was so excited!! She was talking about it for days before hand and kept asking "we go to the pumpkin patch?" multiple times a day. So when the day arrived, she was pretty pumped and ran towards the pumpkin field. She wanted it to be "perfect" and must have gone through about 15 pumpkins telling me that "its not perfect!!".  Kevin and I really aren't like that, she's pretty OCD at times, really don't know where it is from. I finally got her to stay with one and hold it long enough for a picture. She's sitting next to one of her very favorite friends, Eliza. They are very cute.

The youth in our ward put on a Halloween carnival the Wednesday before Halloween and had games and some treats for the kids. They got to do a cake walk and wear their costumes. It was fun.


 We carved pumpkins this year and when I say "we" I mean Kevin and I...I think Lucy might have helped paint a pumpkin but that was about it. But they were very excited about the whole process! Edyn is rocking her cow outfit. Its awesome and has a tail and whenever Kevin puts on her pajamas he puts her in these. He told me the other day he's going to be really sad when she outgrows them.


No comments: