Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving


We had a great Thanksgiving this year. Isak's kindergarten class had a Thanksgiving party/celebration that I got to attend with him. They went from classroom to classroom and did turkey bingo, ate a small thanksgiving dinner, and did some other crafts. It was a lot of fun. My brother Paul and his wife Amanda came up on Monday from Idaho and my brother Aaron flew in that night from Texas. Isak LOVES his uncles and was pretty excited they were coming to visit. 
 I made my first layered jello and it turned out pretty good! It takes all day and you have to keep adding layers so I definitely think its a once a year kind of thing. We had Thanksgiving on Tuesday with my family as that was when we could all be together. And we got to have it in my new kitchen which is almost completely done!
 Edyn and Lucy scored some early Christmas presents, these Reindeer antlers, which they wore proudly. Dinner was super yummy and afterwards my mom, Amanda and I went to see Breaking Dawn II while the boys saw Skyfall. Paul and Amanda had to leave Wednesday but Aaron was able to stay for almost 10 days. Isak cried when he left, he really loves his uncle, we will have to maybe make a visit down to Texas sometime..


Another great thing happened last week, The Cougars won the Apple Cup! It was a great game, wonders never cease. We also had Black Friday and I bought way too much crap and now I have my kids Christmas presents as well as bday presents for the next year. 
 I found a sweet deal online where they design an outfit for your kid and ship it to you and the first time its $8 total. I found this cute outfit for Lucy and then promptly canceled the service. I think its $40 a month normally...who does that? Crazy.
On Thanksgiving day we ate dinner with Kevin's family and opted for ham instead of Turkey. It was delicious and we had way too many leftovers. Kevin apparently had some too late at night and was up all night Thursday puking his guts out. Then I got some form of his disease and we took turns being sick all weekend. Good times.

No comments: