Saturday, February 18, 2012

Edyn is 5 weeks old this week and our lives are back to normal..well, a new normal anyway. I feel like this is the best adjustment I've made with a new baby, probably the last two to practice on has helped and my expectations are much lower. I've embraced the chaos and so far we are surviving and doing pretty well. Isak has needed some help with writing his name so we have been practicing in sugar on cookie sheets with his finger and with a pencil. He can do most the letters, the problem is motivation and the letter "s" is kind of hard, all those darn squiggles. Anyway, we've been practicing a lot so I know at some point he will quit saying "but I can't mom" and actually just write the letters he knows. I just feel like whenever he goes to preschool they are thinking, "what a horrible mother, her son can't hold his pencil or write his name, she must let him watch TV all day"..when actually, that couldn't be further from the truth. I think all these postpartum hormones are really starting to kick in these days!


All my sweet kiddos in their blanket sleepers. Isak ADORES his little sister, well Edyn, not Lucy so much these days. Yesterday he insisted on taking a bath at the same time she was and he will try so hard to get her to smile at him. He calls her "edie pie"...so sweet.
My mom got this little dress for Edyn in 3-6month size and I decided to put it on her last Sunday for church. It fits her pretty well so I'm going to start putting her other same size dresses on her...they outgrow them so fast!


Edyn at one month vs. Edyn the day we brought her home from the hospital...I think we need to adjust her carseat straps!

3 comments:

Victoria Gilbert said...

Wow Edie-pie has grown a lot! :) Don't worry about Isak. Claire hates writing the letter S. Those darn squiggles! She's lucky she doesn't have one in her name. She was getting really frustrated the other day trying to draw a stop sign on the driveway with chalk... after about 3 attempts she yelled "I can't get the S right!" haha :) She holds her pencil with a power grip just like Josh did at her age... they corrected it in kindergarten, but he had to do some physical therapy to strengthen his hand. He's fine now, didn't set him back at all. Wyatt is an anomaly. He has always held his pencil the correct way, and it seems like he is favoring his left hand, so maybe we have a lefty!

Whitney R said...

I can't believe how big Edyn is! There had better still be a baby when I get there in a few weeks and not a sitting up little nugget gnawing on teething toys. I'm excited to be coming!! Is it warm enough to let Isak go out with chalk? My parents now have that huge driveway - send him out with chalk and he can try to write his name in different colors, sizes and then draw a dinosaur eating it. Would that work? Nae holds the pencil, crayon, whatever in her fist. But she tries to stay in the lines! I'm not expecting much from my 2 year old in the spelling department. She just finally got her ABC song right. :D

Kevin and Eliza said...

Edyn is adorable. You are a great mom! I bet that is fun writing his name in sugar on cookie sheets.