Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kevin and I had a pretty productive weekend last week. My parents were gracious enough to take our kids Friday night and Saturday so we could get some projects done and so I could sleep since I worked night shift.We got our front room painted on Friday night and then Kevin got his floor put in for our shed on Saturday with the help of some great friends. I was able to start sewing the squares for Isak's quilt which I'm realizing is going to take me forever to finish. Its suppose to be a christmas present so hopefully I can finish in time. Anyway, it was fantastic to be able to get so much done! This is what people must be able to accomplish all the time who don't have kids!Our kids were so tired when my parents dropped them off, Isak fell asleep on the recliner and slept for an hour. I don't know if its nesting or what but all the half finished projects we have around our house are driving my absolutely crazy. That and I feel like the walls are closing in on me in our house and we really need that shed before the baby comes so I have a place to put everything! I don't even have room for its cradle right now and haven't been able to dig out any of my boy baby clothes because I can't find them. I have a couple months..I can do it, right??
Speaking of babies, Lucy really likes to sit in the bumbo chair and say, "I'm a baby". Its fairly awesome, especially when she's in her raincoat and blanket sleeper.
Isak loves me to play war with his army guys and the playdough with him. He takes his colored pencils and uses them as missles and they fire them at each other from their mounds of dough. I love him but oh my goodness he is so demanding. He gets upset whenever I talk on the phone with him there because I am not paying 100% attention to him all the time. Its exhausting. I love spending time with him but it would be nice if he would play be himself for 10 mins during the day! He's going through a phase where he loves to tell jokes that he's made up and he thinks they are hilarious. Its pretty funny. He says the funniest things. Tonight he was in bed yelling at Kevin and I because we couldn't find a stuffed animal of is and I heard him yell "why is no one paying attention to all the feelings I am having?!" He loves feeling the baby move and talks about it frequently, I just hope he loves it as much when he/she shows up and starts taking a lot of my time!


No comments: