Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Before I start talking about the fair, I wanted to mention Lucy's latest obsession. Meet baby owl or "owl puppet" and mama owl. Lucy loves to carry them around and goes to bed with at least one of them. She especially likes shoving them into her stroller, box, or halloween bucket and carrying them around with her. She will look for them yelling "ere are you oowwl?". Often times at nap we will hear her playing with it going "whoo, whoo, whoo" quite loudly.

The fair was this week, so on Tuesday, the kids made sheep out of cotton balls and glue. Well mostly Isak made a sheep. Lucy just wanted to play with the animal puppets and make them talk. I am pretty sure Isak used a half bottle of glue.

The kids were lucky enough to go to the fair twice today. Once with the preschool in the morning and then tonight with Kevin and I as a family. Lucy was super excited to see the animals and kept saying "wow, oh wow" over and over again. She moo'd at the cows and talked appropriately to the sheep and goats as well. Isak was especially excited about the turkey he found that gobbled at him.

We ate some very yummy but horrible for you fair food, looked at then animals, then to the rides. Lucy somehow wrangled Kevin into letting her ride a pony that was very overpriced.

But she was pretty darn excited about that horse.

I discovered that you can't ride the ferris wheel when you are pregnant. I tried to get on with Lucy and the lovely carnival man said, "mam, is there something on that yellow sign that applies to you?" I was so confused at first then I realized that he was meaning I was pregnant. I wanted to say, "No, I just had my baby. Its at home. But thanks for calling me fat". Sadly, I was caught off guard and didn't say anything witty. So Kevin took both kids by himself.

And I had a heart attack while watching my babies go up so high and fast. Something about the heights on those things always scares me but apparently doesn't phase my kids any. They appeared to be having a great time!
Isak went on the big pink slide again this year and loved it, even after dropping his blanket and making the ride lady climb up to him and give it back to him. I had a feeling she wasn't too pleased about that one.


A very blurry picture of Isak on the spaceships. .


Lucy rode the floating balloon ride with our friend's daughter and Isak rode them as well on a separate car.


Lucy is just over 36 inches tall so she met the minimum height requirement for most of the rides there. However, she is only 2 1/2 so I was a little worried about her being able to safely stay secured in the rides. She managed to stay strapped into this roller coaster fine and actually did really well with all the rides, never crying, just looked a little wide eyed during some of them.


Isak went through a kids straw maze as well and really liked it. He also got a light up sword that he has been talking about since last year's fair that he his currently using as his night light tonight.

I love our little county fair we have, its just the right size and I love that we see everyone we know when we go. My parents are coming with us on Friday night and hopefully we will get to go through some of the exhibits as well as visit all of Lucy's dear animal friends :).

1 comment:

Katie said...

The fair here savors of anticlimax after the Grant County Fair back home. It's seriously lame. Jealous. :)