Thursday, July 28, 2011

Glasses!


Lucy got her glasses on Wednesday and so far she has done really well. She is a very active little girl and I was worried about her pulling them off and smashing them but she has done great. I looked through her lenses and was amazed at the prescription, things 100 yards away were all the sudden right in front of my face. I wish she could tell me, "wow I can see so much better" or "this isn't helping me see at all!" but she's too little. So we got back in a couple months to check her eyes again and hopefully they have improved. We got her 2 pairs as we know we are going to need a spare. They isn't a ton of choices for kids this little but it gets better as they get older and she got some pretty cute ones.
So far they have stayed on during watercolor time (and while drinking the paint water).

And have stayed on while she's eating the tops off of the carrots. I know I say this all the time, but this girl eats the weirdest things! Her latest is eating the clover out of grass and chewing the bark off of sticks. I swear she's not nutrient deficient either. Today while she was eating this carrot top she looked at me and went, "this is mummy!". Yea...she wouldn't eat her garlic bread or ravioli but she will eat weird plants outside. And on another note, Holy Pumpkins! I only planted a little row of pumpkin seeds and appraently forgot to read the package on the seeds about spacing. My poor watermelons are growing up underneath the pumpkins and well, it should be interesting. So if anyone needs a pumpkin come October, I think I will have some to spare!

2 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

The glasses look really cute. That is awesome that so far she has kept them on.

Nate, Brittney and Ryan said...

I love kids in glasses! (I'm a little partial to them, I guess.) Lucy looks SO cute in them. And you definitely will need that second pair. It took Ryan all of 3 months to trash his first.