Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Catch-Up!

I have been trying to play catch-up from the time my sister was here but in the process everything that is going on currently is getting lost. So I will continue to backtrack while trying to move forward a little. So here are the top 5 most exciting things that happened this week, in no particular order....

1. We took Isak in for his 4 year check up on Friday and I took Lucy with me as I noticed (and everyone else noticed) her left eye turns in quite often. Isak is growing and developing great and the poor little boy had to get 4 shots and has to go back for 2 more later. Lucy, however, got a referral to the eye doctor and several screaming eye drops later, we discovered she is very far-sighted. And she gets glasses! Poor girl. I guess it runs in Kevin's family. She did great identifying all the little pictures in the mirror with each eye and charmed the pants off the nurse. Right up until they had to put drops in her eyes and it took 3 of us to restrain her :). She didn't love the eye doctor so much after that. We ordered them on Saturday and she should get them in the next couple weeks. I am quite nervous to see how she will do with them as she hates things on her face and is always pulling her sunglasses off. Hopefully when she realizes she can see better with them she will like them!
2. Kevin and I had the opportunity to go to girl's camp last Tuesday and spend the night. We had so much fun. I got called into Young Women's the end of May and have absolutely loved my time there and getting to know the girls
Here they are at the top of the slip n slide in their "train". Watching those girls made me tired, I'm only about 10-12 years older than most of these girls but holy cow their energy! I've forgotten what its like to be 15 and have a super fast metabolism and be able to eat whatever you want.
Kevin was there to help us with our tin foil dinners which was greatly appreciated. He kept commenting on how girl's camp was nothing like boys camp. No killing squirrels or lighting random things on fire and we had decorations of all things! He was pretty perplexed.
While we were gone, Kevin's mom took our kids overnight and Isak discovered the marble set. I had the same one as a kid and we played with it ALL DAY the next day. He loves it and also loves creating guns with the different parts, go figure....
3. We discovered the splash park at Columbia Park in Tri-Cities. My kids loved it, especially Isak, and we had to pull him away crying to get him to leave.
Lucy was a bit more cautious and doesn't love soaking herself in the water, but she still jumped right in and played a bit. She kept coming up to me and going "I all wet mommys, I all wet!".
4. Pretty much everyday, the kids and I spend a significant amount of time outside on the trampoline. It never gets old and some of their favorite games to play on it are chase, Lucy loves ring around the rosie, and duck duck goose.

It may never get old because Isak is always being more inventive....he dragged out the leapfrog table and was doing tricks off of it. Other ideas that have been stopped by me quickly: Leaping from the trampoline into the pool, onto the bouncy castle, and trying to shove each other off the trampoline. Never a boring moment at my house people.
5. Today was the weirdest weather. It is the middle of July, but this morning was rainy, windy and just plain cold. We attempted to play outside but ended up making a fort over the kitchen table and dragging the stuffed animals under it. We also made pictures of the sky, complete with lightning and birds, and Isak worked on writing his name. We are getting there, I am not in too big of a hurry with him. I figure he will get it before too long and there is no need to frustrate him with the whole tihing.
6.....Whoops. I forgot, there is a number 6. Probably everyone knows by now, but I am 14 weeks pregnant. We are due in middle of January and are very excited. I have been sicker with this one than with the other two but I keep my whining to Kevin and immediate family. I am hoping it will get better soon as I could sure use some more energy to keep up with these two kids. And don't hold your breath, we won't find out the sex till its born, we did it with Lucy and I am completely convinced that it is the only way to go. One of life's only true surprises. And here's to hoping that number 3 will be our mellow one....I can hope, right??


5 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

there is a splash park right by my house at the TRAC in pasco. it is smaller then the one at columbia park but there is rarely very many people at it. my kids play there for hours. plus it is right next to a big toy and a sand pit and you can sit in one place and see all three perfectly fine. just giving you info if you wanted somewhere with less people! also the new one over in richland at badger mountain park is fun but usually there are lots of people there!

Cassidy said...

Congrats! That's exciting. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Kevin and Eliza said...

Congrats on being pregnant! How exciting. No wonder you don't have as much energy as those young women. :) It looks like you guys have great times and keep very busy!

Katie said...

I didn't KNOW! CONGRATS! So exciting. I hope you feel better soon!

Love the stories about Isak's trampoline preferences. Something to look forward to with Kaden in a few years, I guess.

KingFAM said...

Here's to hoping! We have our "hopes" for the next child to...for when that time comes. :-) Your kids are darling. I'm so sorry you are sick. I can't imagine how hard that must be with two other kiddos to care for. You are a trooper!