Monday, June 27, 2011

We've had so much fun with my family here. My kids are loving having their cousins around and Isak especially loves that there is always someone to play with. The other night we had our official "Master Chef" competition, with the key ingredient being carrots. We each had to come up with a dish that contained carrots and then were judged on taste, carrotiness, presentation, creativity, and some other things I can't remember.
I made some tortilla wraps that had ham/cheese/shredded carrots/lettuce/tomatoes and had a mixture of cream cheese and ranch dressing. They were delicious.
We also had a quiche, carrot salad, some bunny cracker appetizers, and carrot cupcakes. I would just like to mention that I won. Not that its important or anything :).
Lucy and Reed are only a few months apart and play really well together. Along with this, they also fight really well together as well so some days there is more hitting and biting than others.
My brother Aaron came in from Texas this past weekend and brought his super nintendo along with bomberman. I loved this game when I was younger and the kids loved that 4 players can play at once. Anyway, he was very popular.
My sister and I took the kids out to Scootney swimming area last week and the kids loved playing in the water. My sister was awesome enough to swim with Isak out to the dock and then wait patiently for him to decide that it was okay to get back into the water.

We found some little tadpoles in the water that were fun to watch.

As well as several large sticks and some pieces of driftwood that the kids entertained themselves with.
We've have spent so much time outside in the water, my kids have been sleeping great at night because they are so tired!

No comments: