Tuesday, June 14, 2011

lately

Alright, I have been horrible at this the past few weeks but so much has been going on, it has been hard to keep up. We took Isak on his first mini golf outing and he loved it, although I think he has some practice ahead of him before he turns pro. He mostly likes to shuffle the ball along with his club and when he's done with that, he picks up the ball, puts it next to the hole, and shoves it in. He had a ton of fun though and was very enthusiastic about the whole thing.My sister just arrived from Wisconsin and will be here for the next month. Since I only get to see her and her kids about once a year, I am very excited. She has 4 kids and so far they have done a great job of tiring mine out so they sleep great every night. Today we went hiking out by Ancient Lakes outside of Quincy, we hiked a mile in to a waterfall and some streams, ate lunch, and then hiked out.


My kids did okay on the way out, Lucy had to be carried a lot, but the return they were pretty tired. It was really hot as well, and despite the hats, sunscreen and water, they were very red cheeked. They were also extremely tired. We found this cool cave that the kids liked to throw rocks down.I realize I am doing this post backwards, but that is the way the pictures worked. Kevin's grandpa passed away the end of May and we had his funeral the following week. I always loved Kevin's grandparents and admired their example of service and enduring to the end. They were wonderful people and I know they are so excited to be together again. Kevin's siblings were all able to come up for the funeral and it was great to be together and see everyone.
Nathan and Stephanie were able to come up for 5 days and we loved having them around and my kids were excited to have a cousin to play with. They spent a lot of outside at Kevin's mom's on the swingset.

And out at grandma's picking the leaves off trees. Or in Lucy's case, eating the flowers off the trees.
We also went out to the dairy and saw the cows and found these brand new baby cows. So we dumped our kids in the pen with them and took a picture. Then took them out before they got kicked.
My sweet daughter decided to stop sleeping in her crib a few weeks ago for no apparent reason. She can't climb out, but really hates to be put in it for some reason so we have put her mattress on the floor and for now that is where she is sleeping. It is kind of working. She has spent many a night falling asleep on our couch/floor as well. I knew her wonderful sleeping habits couldn't last forever but I was sure hoping. I guess its time to go bed shopping!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love baby cows. I wish Kaden could get dropped in a pen full of them for a photo, but alas, there are no baby cows to be had where I am.