Monday, June 20, 2011

This weekend Kevin and I hit up some awesome garage sales to add to Isak's robot fleet. For a $1.50 we got a buzz light year, complete with talking buttons, laser light, and moveable helmet and 2 talking/light up/walking little robots that came with remote. I also got a huge box of lincoln logs for $5 and painted wood blocks of all shapes for $2 and some other things I am saving for christmas. I usually do a lot of my kids christmas shopping in the summer at garage sales...My kids are still little and don't care and I can find almost brand new toys for super cheap! Actually, only 2 of the robots below were bought at a store, the two red ones in the middle, the rest were goodwill or garage sales. My kids still have way too much stuff but when it only cost me $.50, I don't mind getting rid of it after they are done playing with it.
My little brother, Mark, got engaged a few weeks ago and we got to meet his fiance, Jen, this past weekend. Somehow I never got a picture of her though, but she is very cute and incredibly nice. While she was here, we had the great idea to have a cake decorating contest and have Kevin judge them. Kevin was chosen as he wasn't there while they were made and wasn't biased.And somehow, mine won! I think its the cute cardboard cutouts of the couple on top that did it for me. We all enjoyed some cake while we showed Jen the infamous slide show of our family pictures that every daughter/son-in-law has had to watch before marrying into our family. Its always quite entertaining :).Lucy and Isak have LOVED having their cousins around this past week. Even if we've spent all day with them and they leave, Isak always asks, "where did my cousins go? I want to play with my cousins!".


Reed and Lucy taking a bath and splashing my mom with enormous amounts of water. They were having so much fun!
Since Valerie has been here, we've gone to the pool and thrift store shopping and spent lots of time in my backyard watching the kids jump on the trampoline and swim in the bouncy pool.
And Maddie was smart enough to bring her lemur costume with her so her and Isak could be lemurs together again! Isak loves this costume, I think its the tail, and loves his cousin Maddie. Its funny, he seems to adore the ones that are 3-5 years older than him versus the one his age.
And Lucy found the leopard head to her costume. She is starting to love to dress -up as much as Isak.On a side note, Isak started swim lessons today. We will see how it goes, there are 7 kids in his class and it seems kind of chaotic. Last year I was lucky enough to be able to find him a private lesson for a week that he loved and seemed to learn a lot from. Hopefully 2 weeks in this class will help him with something.

Lucy's hair is getting really long. I want to cut it for summer but Kevin won't let me. Its pretty when its brushed out, but I have to usually fight her pretty good to get it done in the morning which is a huge pain. And despite massive amounts of conditioner, its gets tangled easily. The jello and Popsicle juice probably doesn't help either. Maybe she will have an "accident" with some scissors and I can trim it without anyone knowing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on the garage sellng!

Victoria Gilbert said...

Horray for thrift stores and garage sales! The best kind of shopping I say. Looks like you guys are having a blast. Enjoy your visit with Valerie and the kids!