Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

This year halloween was pretty low-key...our costumes were packed away and I realized my kids were too little to know what the heck was going on. So I decided it would be a waste of time to put a ton of work into their costumes. I made them super heroes, complete with capes, shorts, boots and identifying letters. It worked. They refused to sit still for any pictures and Isak had to be bribed. Lucy is getting really wiggly now that she can crawl and lunges for everything she wants, Isak is starting to get annoyed I think. Anyway, we took them to the trunk or treat and Isak had fun getting candy although I think all the costumes and people kind of scared him.

Isak liked people dropping candy in his bucked but didn't really get why he couldn't eat it right away. He had a meltdown (s) before bedtime and I'm guessing it was all the sugar.

Here he is nicely posing for one picture, he ripped of his cape (darn velcro), but you gotta love the optimus prime boots.



So I just wanted a few decent pictures of the kids together in their costumes. This didn't happen. Shortly after this was taken, Isak got in trouble and it was discovered he had pooped up his shirt and lucy almost flipped off the couch (I caught her).




2 comments:

Victoria Gilbert said...

haha :) funny post. I LOVE their costumes! very cute!! Claire didn't get the concept of having to wait to eat the candy either... it was very hard for her! She kept opening up chocolates, taking a bite, and putting them back as we dragged her to the next car at our trunk-or-treat :)

Nathan Stephanie Gilbert Family said...

I love their matching costumes! Conner is too little to know what is going on too...I think dressing him up was all for my own benefit. :) Conner told me that he is excited to play with Lucy at Thanksgiving. Maybe she could teach him the RIGHT was to crawl. :)