Thursday, July 23, 2009

Really we don't have much going on this week. My mom is here to visit for the week which has been nice because I get to sleep in an extra hour and its nice to have another adult around to talk to and help entertain my kids.Its been super hot so we've been spending a lot of time at the pool. Yesterday I was walking with Isak to the pool and he insisted on bringing his dog and bunny (aka, hop hop). He kept telling me, "doggie go to da poo, doggie go to da poo" (pool). He was very dissapointed when I told him that his animals couldn't actually get in the water with him.
How I found Isak one morning as I was doing laundry upstairs. Hanging from the chadelier. I swear some days this kid really does belong in a zoo. Below is Isak and his friend Cole who just turned 2. We met their family when we first moved to Boise and became good friends. And apparently they also both love popsicles and running around in diapers.


Okay, so this is why you don't take your husband shopping with you. I had to pick up a few things at target, like baby food, and took them along. Of course kevin found this great nerf gun that was on clearance and wouldn't this be a great gift for Isak at some point? And such a great deal! I relunctanctly agreed, only to have the gun of course out of its package by the time we got home and Isak holding it in his lap. Funny thing, its so big Isak can barely use it and someone else has to pump it up for him. Hmm, almost seems like it would be more for an adult male trying to live out his childhood still through his child.....Although I must say, its works great to tire Isak out. We shoot the dart, he runs and gets it and brings it back. A great way to tire him out before bed.





5 comments:

tiff said...

does it actually tire him out? I could use one of those

tiff said...

oops, it's me Korbi, I was logged in under tiff

Whitney R said...

hahaha, nurf guns were a treat at our house. And it was even more of a feat to not loose all the nurf's.

Victoria Gilbert said...

haha ya of course! the only guns we have in our house are those nerf guns from uncle Kevin.... I'm sure he couldn't wait to get some for him....er, Isak to play with :) haha

.... although that does sound like a handy way of wearing them out... we'll have to try it!

Monte and Brittany said...

i didnt know you took that picture!!
and i agree.. it is nice to just shoot it and have cole run go get it!! :) thanks for the nerk gun again monte.. i mean cole is enjoying it! hahaha