Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hungry Baby

We started rice cereal with Lucy on Saturday. To no one's suprise, she loved it. She's been eyeing our food for a while and is always trying to grab at it. This was on saturday she had her first taste of rice cereal. I gave it to her again on monday and tuesday. Today I thought I would try some pears and see how she did.You know those gerber two packs of baby food you buy? How they are suppose to last a few days, especially with a little baby who is just starting baby food? Well I gave her half of one mixed with rice cereal for lunch. She ate the rest of it for dinner. And when I came home from the gym tonight to my great suprise, Kevin informed she had eaten the other pack. The ENTIRE pack of pears. In one sitting. He told me she was hungry. Obviously. What is with my kids and wanting to eat me out of house and home? Isak has gotten a little pickier so that is starting to balance out I suppose. Seriously. I was so hesitant to start baby food with her because I knew this would happen. She's going to spurt up even faster than she already has. Sigh. Her and that tongue. Its all from the Gilbert side. She has it hanging out most of the day. I think she likes to chew on it.

This sweet picture I took of her today during her nap. I love her little hands and arms. And those chunky cheeks.





7 comments:

Nana said...

awww that sleeping picture of Lucy is so cute. And I love her tongue, I wonder how long she'll do that. :)

Crystal said...

I love the sleeping pictures. She looks so sweet.

Korbi said...

it was good to see you two! (four...)

Whitney R said...

Oh no, 1 out of every 10 pictures of Lindsey has her tongue hanging out like that. It is a gilbert thing, but I'm proud to say I keep mine in my mouth :) Your husband, though... he's another story.

So much food! It's great that she likes it! But wow that she likes it so much. I thought we'd have a few months before the grocery bill got bigger, but I see I might be lucky if I make it over 5 months.

I'm excited to see you guys! Oh, by the way, I need to call you....

Katie said...

I would love to come adore your children. I'm not sure what the plan is, since my mom is driving, but I'll let you know if it's a possibility =-)

Cassidy said...

She's a doll. Meg always has her tongue out too. I love it!

Victoria Gilbert said...

I love sleeping baby pictures!!! I still sneak in and take pics of Josh asleep :) Lucy is such a pretty little girl!