Sunday, March 15, 2009

My crazy kids

Today was a little crazy. We went to church, so we were there physically, but we didn't get to do much listening. I think Isak just realized that his little sister is here to stay and I don't think he likes it too much. We're going to start "practicing" sitting still at home evenings and during the week so maybe he can do better during sacrament and Kevin and I might actually get to enjoy church! And Isak had a melt down during nursery despite the fact that Kevin was in there with him (for the 2nd week in a row) so we left the last hour with two crying kids. I think we are going to take two cars next week so at least one of us can stay the whole time. But he can be very charming when he wants to be. This kid has an affinity for vacuumn cleaners and toothbrushes, so weird. He demands I vacuumn at least once a day and would prefer more often. He then likes to see what's in the suction container from the dirt it picked up before we throw it away. He also loves to try to spread toothpaste on toothbrushes and will chew on the toothbrush. I find them randomly all over the house and unfortunately have found mine on more than one occasion on the floor or garbage. We go through a lot of toothbrushes.






3 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Reading your post made me laugh. Not that it is funny, but just that I guess that is what I have to look forward too. I know life is sure going to get a lot crazier. Good luck with the practicing and I hope next Sunday goes better. I totally understand about the vacuum. Andrew also loves it.

Whitney R said...

Awwe, I hope Isak adjusts to the new sibling sooner than later. And I hope the practicing pays off so you guys can both be at church. He will get all sorts of attention here in a couple weeks :) Oh... which could be a bad thing... let us know if we need to not spoil the boy too much.

ErinQ said...

What a gorgeous family you have! Lots of adventures it seems! So you are an L& D nurse? I work in postpartum night shift! Have yet to sleep from last night, I'm going cross-eyed, but I'm sure you can relate!