Monday, April 7, 2014

Quinn is one week old as of yesterday. He is a great baby with so far a very mellow personality. He still hardly cries, just squeals or whines a little if he needs something. He is so sweet and cuddly and I can't get enough of his newborn squishiness.

I turned the big 3-0 yesterday. I can't believe I'm old enough to be 30, I swear I just graduated from high school..wasn't it yesterday I was visiting Kevin in Hawaii this time of year on my spring break? And now I have four kids? Its amazing how fast time flies!
 We went to my parent's house Saturday and watched conference and had a delicious lunch. My mom made me homemade chocolate cake and put 30 candles on it...it was quite smoky for a while. Probably can't do that in any more future birthdays!
On Sunday my sister-in-law Stephanie made this beautiful cake with my kids and it was also super yummy.  We spent the day with Kevin's family and watched conference and had a big dinner. It was a great laid-back birthday, to be expected with a one week old, and I was so glad that I wasn't still pregnant on my birthday which also was my due date! 
 Isak has been asking and asking to feed Quinn so I pumped a bottle for him to give him. He was pretty into it for about 5 minutes then he was done. Isak is so proud of this little brother of his, he took some pictures of him to school today for show and tell.
 Lucy's reaction to the baby has not been what I expected. She is very cautious around him. I pretty much made her hold him by putting him on a pillow in front of her. You can tell by the look on her face she was done! She likes to pet his head and talk about him but she doesn't want too much else to do with him. She refers to him as "Isak's brother" and I have to remind her that he's her brother too!

Edyn really loves the bouncer that I brought out for the baby. Granted it is pink from the two previous girls that occupied it so I can't blame her. She loves to lay in it and rock herself and asks for a "Banket!" and a "drink!" then she settles herself in. Its pretty awesome. 

 Lucy brought home her school picture from preschool today. I love her toothless semi awkward smile, she is so pretty. Her registration for kindergarten is next week..ahh! It is going so fast!


1 comment:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Congrats on Quinn arriving! Happy day for having him early and not sharing a birthday. You look fantastic and don't worry the 30's aren't too bad, but it is crazy how we just keep getting older.