Monday, February 10, 2014

Lucy's Birthday Party

Lucy had her birthday party on Saturday and needless to say, she was a little bit excited. She's been asking me when her birthday is for the past six months so this weekend has been much anticipated. She wanted a my little pony/rainbow party and despite my lack of planning, she was easily pleased with what we planned. She invited about 6 kids and very excited about her decorations and rainbow cupcakes.
We had each girl decorate her own foam tiara when they arrived complete with glitter glue, markers, and foam stickers.


We played pin the tail on Rainbow Dash and I was pretty proud of my free handed pony that I made the night before.


The kids went on a scavenger hunt around the house to find their goodie bags and they loved all the clues.
Then of course we had to break the pinata and obviously I didn't plan far enough to figure out where to hang it so Kevin bravely said he would hold it.  Some of these kids swung pretty hard so he was definitely taking a chance!


And the bursting of said pinata of course brought the candy frenzy of all the kids.

Lucy opened her presents and was very happy with her salon barbie she can give highlights too, dress up clothes, stuffed my little pony, and a new dress.
Rainbow cupcakes and ice cream .


We played Kinnect party while waiting for parents to come. Lucy had a terrific time, her decorations I'm sure will be up for at least a month.  We are lucky to have so many good friends around!

No comments: