Monday, December 16, 2013

StoneRidge

 We went up to Kevin's family's timeshare up by Couer'd Alene for a few days this past weekend. This is our third year going and my kids always look forward to it and talk about it for months beforehand. I found some great swim gear on super clearance the end of August and gave it to the kids for the pool.
 Isak was very excited to resemble SharkBoy and Lucy was very happy to be a pink shark.


 The pool there is HUGE and is saltwater, is great to swim in. Since I was largely pregnant, I happily let Kevin brave the semi cold water and toss around children while I watched. Then we went and played in the hot tub for a while.




There is also a racquetball court there that the kids always love to throw the ball around in. Usually there is some snow so we brought all of our sledding stuff only to find it to be 45 degrees and no trace of snow anywhere.
 We stopped at Riverfront Park Square in Spokane on our way home and went on the North Pole Express Train.  It was a little train that went around the park and along the river to a Gazebo that was housing Santa Claus, cookies, hot chocolate and a large fire.





 My kids thought it was pretty fun, although Isak kept telling me how we really weren't at the North Pole. Funny how skeptical they can be at the ripe old age of six!  Poor Isak actually vomited right as we were parking to get over to where the train was. Being the great mom I am, I asked him if he felt better, he did, asked him if he still wanted to go, he did, so I packed a few plastic bags and we were on our way. Luckily no more puke on the train but the hot chocolate and cookies didn't quite make it all the way back home...
And then as we got to Kevin's parents house and Kevin's dad was tossing Edyn around and playing with her, she promptly got up and vomited all over his mom's ipad.  It luckily was just fine and the whole thing was pretty humorous.  We can't shake sickness around here lately! I've had  a different stomach bug three different times over the past month and my kids keep getting vomiting sick too.  I sure hope the new year brings us some health around here!

No comments: