Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lucy Girl

Lucy insisted I pack her a lunch on Isak's first day of school and she was pretty sad when she realized she wasn't starting school as well.  I took her to be evaluated for the school district preschool and since she didn't answer half the questions and was quite distracted that day, she qualified! They might be surprised at her rapid progress but they can't kick her out so I think she's good! I do think she will benefit from the daily class and it will help her with focusing better so its a good fit for her. The main reason I took her was to be evaluated for speech which we have been trying to get her help with for a while. Today was her evaluation and they told me her comprehension speech is great but she definitely needs help with articulation. She has "interesting substitutions" for sounds that don't follow a consistent pattern. She basically will make up a sound in a word if she can't say it. So, since we also had her evaluated at Kadalec in Tri-Cities in July, they recommended that we take her there once a week as well as have her worked with at the preschool once a week.  That way she will be pretty caught up by the time she starts Kindergarten next year. I'm going to try and do my best, that will make our schedules pretty crazy so I'm hoping I can work with her at home as well. She starts school next week and couldn't be more excited if she tried. Well, I haven't shown her the pink angry bird backpack I found for her yet so maybe..

1 comment:

Whitney R said...

I'm excited to hear about her progress and hear about the process. She is so cute and sweet; can't wait for her to get her treat bag!