Friday, January 18, 2013

 I started chore charts for Isak and Lucy this week. We do ask them to do things around the house like vacuumn, pick up their toys and mop and dust and stuff but its never been an organized thing. I got these little starter chore charts from our Ready for Kindergarten program we have here and set them up for Isak and Lucy. Isak's chores are pretty simple, brush teeth and get dressed, keep room picked up, and empty the dishwasher. Lucy's are similar, I think I added to help mom get dinner ready. Anyway, they are on our fridge, we'll see how it goes. Isak was pretty upset with me yesterday after school, he was tired and just plain cranky. So I told him he was in trouble for something and he told me he was writing my name on this chart. Then in his anger he put a big "X" through it. Guess he told me! That kid is too funny. He was drawing a picture of his Nana's cats the other day and was freaking out because he couldn't get them "perfect". Wow. He did a  great job spelling their names, he spelled Tiger..'tigre' and sounded out Sam right and spelled the "keke" keke.  Its fun seeing him make progress. He's been reading to me quite a bit and I'm always impressed with the words he knows and can sound out on his own. I know he has things he can improve on, obviously,(every mother thinks their child is a genius), but he's doing so well with his reading and improving with his writing. The other morning I told him I was taking him to school a few minutes early and he just looked at me and said, "So, you mean I'm going to be on time?". Lol, apparently we need to work on getting him to school early more often. I read him a story last night from the doctrine and covenants and we were talking about the second coming. Isak told me, "Mom, I'm never going to be wicked. I'm going to stand up. It probably won't be till I'm like 71 or maybe 73. It will probably be like on a Saturday". Then about 10 minutes later he comes up to me and says, "well, Lucy might turn wicked mom...". Then I told him that his sister would not turn wicked and to go to bed. Always thinking that one.

 I made french toast sticks this week to freeze. I found this great recipe on Pinterest, it used a loaf of bread ( I used some french toast bread I had in my freezer), eggs, milk, pureed squash, cinnamon, and a little butter. You just cut each piece of bread in thirds and dip it then bake on each side for 15 minutes. They were so yummy! Isak ate 4 of them right after I made them. I'm hoping to use them in the morning for breakfasts and for Edyn when I've already fed her everything I can think of.
Edyn loves to sit in chairs. Kevin always plops her down to Isak in the morning in our recliner and she gets the biggest grin on her face. She climbs into this one all the time and just sits there. Its pretty funny.

No comments: