Monday, April 23, 2012

We had the HOTTEST day today, it was over 85 degrees and Isak was so excited to get out the bouncy pool that he has been begging me since it got over 60 one day to pull out. I coated him in sunscreen and he still got red around his face. I mowed the front and back lawn and was drenched in sweat afterwards. Its still April, I'm not sure I'm quite ready for this weather just yet!
                                 
 Isak and Lucy have finally decided they are friends in the past couple months and have been playing together fairly well lately. It only took three years, but it appears to be happening. Their favorite things to do are to play angry birds with all our stuffed birds and pigs and to play in the dirt area out in the backyard. And their newest favorite activity I think will be playing in the pool. I have a feeling I won't be seeing much of them in the house this summer and that I'm going to need some 80 SPF sunscreen for these kids. They have both always been such water babies and love to be outside in the sunshine.
Our crab apple tree has bloomed and while beautiful, it attracts tons of bees and they are all over my yard. I went a little crazy today outside with the hornet spray.

I brought Edyn outside this evening to enjoy the lovely weather and she enjoyed watching her crazy siblings play in the water. 


She has many endearing faces lately. In the mornings I find her smiling to herself in her cradle and cooing, wide awake. She has been sleeping so well recently at night and I count my blessings that all my kids seem to have pretty great sleeping habits. Except for Lucy's recent stint of waking up between 6-7am every morning for the past few months. 

2 comments:

Katie said...

That pool is amazing! Can I come play?

Victoria Gilbert said...

I can't believe it's warm enough to swim there! Claire asked me the other day if we could get the pool out and go swimming... um, no. It was 48 degrees. We miss your awesome fun pool! So much fun! And Edyn is so beautiful!! What a pretty little girl! :)