Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weekend Travels!

We went to Rexburg this weekend to visit some family and so I could run a race with Whitney and Nate. We decided to do this Mesa Falls half marathon back in May and trained through the summer. Whitney hasn't done a race with us yet and we wanted to all do one together. Since I knew I would be 5 months pregnant, I didn't want to do the full race but the half was perfect. I haven't ever ran a race where I wasn't trying to beat a time or be competitive so it was really different. I just ran to finish and actually had a pretty good time doing it. I stopped and drank at every aid station and jogged along till I finished. Usually I am way out of breath at the finish line but I was doing pretty good since I had ran so slow! The biggest pain was the soreness that hit the next day when I woke up. If I had been thinking, I would have sat in the cold river after the race to ice my legs but I forgot about that option. So I could hardly walk the next two days but luckily have felt pretty good since.

We had a whirlwind trip so after spending Saturday with Whitney and her family, we headed to Idaho Falls to have dinner with some friends. We then drove down to Twin Falls to spend Sunday with Kevin's brother, Nathan and his family. Above is their little boy Jayden sitting in his bumbo and Lucy sitting next to him. Between their bunkbeds, the baby, and the pet hamsters, my kids were in 7th heaven at their house.


Conner and Isak blowing bubbles in their milk. Don't you love their kitchen? Sigh. I had pretty counters like that once and cabinets that didn't hit you in the head when you opened them. And finished baseboards. Oh the things you take for granted! Nathan made us fried chicken for dinner and Stephanie and I made very yummy cake.
My kids LOVED their hamsters. They would get them out and put them in their balls and let them run around . Lucy kept saying," it the eater bunny! hop! hop!". We headed to Boise on Monday and had dinner with my brother and his wife which was delicious. My kids played with their cats and Isak scored some sweet Star Wars toys from Paul. We stayed with friends that night and Kevin took his CPA exam that next morning in Boise while visited with a good friend in Nampa. It was definitely a whirlwind trip but we got to see a lot of friends and family and it we had a ton of fun. Even if Lucy gets carsick very easily :).


No comments: