Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Isak has been coming up with some pretty interesting stories lately. I love seeing how his little brain works as he tries to put it all together. This past weekend there was a carnival in the Wal-Mart parking lot here, which we did not attend, but Isak was quite fascinated by. On Monday we saw them packing it up and Isak kept asking me where they were going, which I told him, I don't know. Then he said, "Mom, they are going to a city called Trample, where there is lots of electricity. And there are flying cars. But we can't go there because there are lots of shock hazards". We are so glad that Kevin's CPA exam is over, he took it last Thursday. There were lots of late nights where the kids and I battled it out alone. He has one more this month, but luckily, its the easier one. Below is one tired Lucy lounging on the floor. She has to be wearing shoes at all times inside the house and gets mad when one falls off. She yells, "shoe off! shoe off!". If she doesn't like the shoes I put on her, she goes and gets a different pair and brings them to me. And then there is Isak, who can hardly be bothered to even wear shoes. There has to be a middle ground!
Now that Kevin is home in the evening, he can help with hair duty. Brushing Lucy's tangled mop after her bath is always a chore. We have also been busy getting our yard ready, now that we have grass and not dirt, its much more fun!


2 comments:

Victoria Gilbert said...

Isak is so funny :) I love the way kids' brains work. Claire has been using a lot of big words incorrectly, and it's hilarious to hear her try to use them in a sentence in her matter-of-fact manner. Claire's hair was a tangled nightmare, but then I started putting conditioner on it before I rinsed her hair and it has been tons better. It still gets pretty squirrelly sometimes. We can't wait till august when we get to mix our kids in with yours and watch them have at it! So excited :)

Anonymous said...

Colleen and I can't wait either! I think that Lucy will be the last one standing for some reason, her and Nate.