Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter!

We had a great Easter weekend. I didn't have to work and we got to spend a lot of time with family and just hanging out at home. Yesterday my mom and I went shopping in Tri-Cities while Kevin studied and my dad hung out with Isak at my house. Lucy tagged along with me for a girls morning out shopping which she Loved. I had to try some dresses on her to see what size she was and she was twirling in the mirror and talking to herself. At one point we found a three way mirror and she was talking to each "Lucy" in the mirror. She was quite fascinated. We had Easter dinner with my parents and brother last night and today we celebrated with Kevin's dad who came over for BBQ and the first watermelon of the season.

We usually don't make Easter huge deal in our house, its pretty commercialized already, but I think a little Easter basket is fun and the kids each got some treats with a toy. Well, some of the "toys" were things I picked up in New Zealand and just saved to give to the kids. Isak has been really into board games lately and I picked up this cute fishing one for pretty cheap at Target. Its much more his age than the Risk game he has been "playing" lately or rather playing battle with the little guys.Lucy was the first one awake and she woke up pretty early and had gone to bed pretty late the night before. In fact, she had fallen asleep in the car and apparently we forgot to take off her sandals when we laid her down. So, excuse her crazy hair and slightly less than excited expression. We got her this cute Kiwi backpack in New Zealand with some dollar store polka dot morracas. I love the backpack, it even has little feet.This was the first year I actually tried to dress the kids nice for Easter and got Lucy an actual Easter dress. The dress is huge on her, its a 4T, but they didn't have a 3T and as long as I tied it tight, it fit fine. I got Isaks shirt and sweater last July in Michigan at a consignment store. Her dress just made it hard to grab her during church while she was climbing on all the benches, too much skirt. Don't they clean up nice? When their faces are washed, hair brushed, and shoes and socks are both on? It doesn't happen too often, which is why I have to document this occasion.



I found the bunny ears from last year and Lucy sported them tonight, she was quite excited. Tonight we had our home evening for the week and told the story of Christ's death and resurrection and showed a short video for the kids. Isak was actually pretty focused and asked questions. I know he probably wont remember any of it a week from now, but maybe something is sticking. Anyway, it was a nice relaxing weekend and we also got a lawn mower so we will no longer have the longest grass on the block. One good thing about the dirt lawn last summer, we never had to mow it.




2 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Your kiddos looks so cute all dressed up for Easter!

Victoria Gilbert said...

Good point about not having to mow dirt... on the other hand think of all the MUD, and the multiple daily baths... grass is better!
They look so cute in their easter clothes and i love Lucy's backpack!!