Sunday, March 6, 2011

The tiling continues at our house, despite little feet stepping on drying tile, Kevin and his dad have made some progress. Hopefully this week we will finish, at least for a while. Lucy, meanwhile, thinks the tile saw is sitting in a drinking trough and likes to play/drink out of it when I'm not looking. I know, disgusting, but this child has shown an affinity for mud and other delicacies.
We managed to make it to the park one day this week where it wasn't too freezing cold. Until Isak went down the slide and got soaking wet and we had to go home.I had a race yesterday down on the Snake River by Pullman. It was a half-marathon and the weather was perfect. The course was out and back on a road along the river. It was gorgeous, the only downside was that there was no spectators because the road was closed for the race. Kevin and the kids occupied themselves throwing rocks in the river and Isak found some 12 year old girls to talk to about the dead fish he found along a dock. They had a lot of fun while I was suffering. I had a new PR though! I was hoping for 1:45, ran 1:46, but as long as it was under 1:50 I was happy. I found this sweet Nike app for my phone that let me hear my mile splits and have "power songs" when I needed them. I could have also had people cheer for me on facebook and then hear cheers while I was running, but alas, there was no service near the river.
Lucy was sporting her sunglasses on the way home to avoid the sunglare through the windows. If only she could figure out how to put them on right side up.The poor kiddos crashed on the way home. I think they were more tired than I was. We had someone ask us if Isak and Lucy were twins. He told us he had boy/girl fraternal twins that didn't look as much alike as Isak and Lucy did. Funny, first time we have gotten that. Lucy keeps getting so tall, hopefully Isak can keep ahead of her or he might not love that so much when he's older.


No comments: