Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fun Adventures



I went to Isak's preschool meeting Monday night and met one of the parents there of a girl who goes to school with Isak. I got, "Oh so you're Isak's mom. We hear lots of stories about Isak at home". I was afraid to ask. Isak was pretty grumpy today because he skipped his nap. He kept saying, "I wish you would just go back to heavenly Father!". Yes, super nice. When he doesn't get his way or is being disciplined he loves to tell me, "You are breaking my rules! That is not nice. Those are not my rules!".

When Lucy wakes up from her naps in the afternoon, she loves to come lay down on my bed while she is still waking up and talk to me. She has recently started singing the ABC's song and just this week started saying a short prayer by herself before bed. Its very sweet and almost intelligible, but kevin and I can understand her pretty well. Her hair is always is some crazy form when she wakes up. This morning she dumped a bottle of tylenol all over the kitchen (she got the lid off, it was loose) and then tracked it all over. She was very very sticky but she smelled great, very grapey.


Wednesday morning Kevin needed to go out to the dairy for something and the kids and I decided to tag along and pay the cows a visit. It was very rainy and cold though and my kids were rather unsure of the baby cows. I am pretty sure Lucy was expecting sheep and Isak kept trying to have conversations with the big cows out the windows.


We have made some good friends here in Othello and are getting to know families as they move it. This week we made mini pizzas at a friends with several girls and their kids. It was crazy, probably 10-11 kids there, but it was so fun to get out and talk to adults and other moms. I went out Wednesday night to have dinner with my good friend Emily who leaves on her mission in a couple weeks and my friend Crystal. We went to Shari's and it was high school all over again! Best part, free pie night! We are holding silverware for no reason inparticular. I am so excited for her, she is going to northern Brazil and will be an awesome missionary.

And below is a picture of Lucy being cute. She is going through this "very naughty I am 2 and terrible stage " and will scream for everything at me until figure out when she wants. But then other times she is so sweet it almost makes up for her craziness.



3 comments:

Mike and Lisa said...

Thank goodness for the sweet times to get us through the terrible twos...!

Victoria Gilbert said...

So fun :) I wish I was there to hang out with you and the kiddos! How awesome would that be, sharing all our adventures with each other and our crazy kids? Maybe someday... :)

Katie said...

I am dying right now. Great stories about your kiddos. Wish I could have been there with you, Crystal, and Em. I am so happy for Emily.

P.S. I am coming to Moses Lake in April, on the way to Seattle with my family. I would love to get together with you and Crystal!