Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Last night a friend of mine offered to take some pictures of our family. We our huge Boise State fans so I decided to put my kids in their matching jersies and go for it. Perhaps for most people this is not the "traditional" family portrait with coordinating outfits and the like, but it describes us pretty well. My kids were pretty uncooperative and crazy, I think 1 and 3 are hard ages to photograph, especially when outside. Anyway, I dug up this first picture from 3 years ago when Isak was a baby and we first moved to Boise. Loved the cement walls in that apartment..
And below is from last night. Anyway, we look pretty much the same, plus Isak being much bigger and the addition of Lucy. Chelsea was very nice to take them for us and be patient with my kids. They were pretty darn active.Kevin and I did a 10k run this past saturday over in Moses Lake. It was an adjunct to the triatholon that was the main event. It was really fun, we both found some random people to run with since no headphones were allowed and got some medals. I think my time was 50:38, I was running with a girl who had a 10 week old at home and had 4 kids and she beat me by like 30 seconds. She was very inspiring. Kevin is lovingly displaying his on his head. We have a really big race in Seattle next weekend, the Rock and Roll Marathon, that we are both running. I am very excited...cheer squads and bands every mile. It will be like one big party!!
Today we are suppose to get lots of dirt dumped on our front lawn. I have never been more excited at the prospect of dirt. This will go to fill in the rest of the pool and to level out the front yard. Next on the list is sprinklers, then sod, then to finish landscaping. I'm guessing it will take most of the summer. Oh...notice that lovely blue color on my house? We randomly decided to start painting last saturday. It just needs to be finished.
Oh my little Lucy girl. Chelsea got this really adorable picture of her..right before she fell into a raspbery bush. I think Isak had peed his pants by this point so all those pictures had to have that edited out. Did I mention that I am good on kids for a while?

2 comments:

Korbi said...

My little side bar thing sucks. It just showed me that you updated and I was like "oh! Lena updated her blog!" And then I get on and there's like5 posts that I haven't seen... Darn thing! Pictures look great! Love the Mountain Dudette shirt of Lucy's and it was good to see you guys the other night! I vomit when I think of running 10 miles, so way to go! ;)

Jenny Robbins said...

The family picture is cute! I love the last one of Lucy. Hooray for ...dirt? Haha.