Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2 weeks old and growing

So the past few weeks have been pretty eventful at our house. We had family here the past couple weeks to help us and Kevin was out of town for work for a week. I have been adjusting to having two kids by myself the past couple days and so far we have survived. My delivery this time was much, much easier and so my recovery was a lot faster than it was with Isak. An epidural makes a world of difference! Breastfeeding has been easier and overall it just has been an easier adjustment, probably because I have done this all once before.
Lucy is growing like a weed and at her two week check up was 8lbs 6oz (up a 1lb 4oz from her birth weight), which is in the 75th percentile, 22 inches tall (90th%), and her head is wonderfully average in the 50th%. This was when Kevin was gone, Isak usually becomes a lot clingier when he leaves but luckily I still have room in my lap for two.

Isak really loves his little sister and will hug her around the neck and lay on her every chance he gets. He especialy loves to pet her head, I think its because of all of her hair. He is very gentle with her and likes to talk to her. I hope they are good friends.




Her eyes have really brightened up and her face has filled out. I just love having a little girl and all the pink and hair bows. It has been really fun so far and I'm sure will just get better.











8 comments:

Crystal said...

She is so beautiful. I am glad it was easier this time. I found the hardest part was keeping the baby safe from all the sibling love. I can't wait to meet her.

Kevin and Eliza said...

Lucy is adorable. I'm impressed with how well you are doing. How cute to see big brother loving his little sister.

Korbi said...

she is beautiful!

Ty Robbins said...

Yay for little girls! I'm so happy everything is going so smoothly for you. She's a beautiful little thing!

Victoria Gilbert said...

Aww she's so beautiful Lena :) It's cute to see how Isak loves her and wants to give her snuggles.

Whitney R said...

All that dark hair!! She looks just like you! Isak and her... so stinkin adorable. He is such a sweetheart.

Shavonne said...

Congratulations Lena and Kevin!!! We're so excited that you have Lucy in your family now, and had a safe delivery!

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Your little girl is just beautiful!