Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pregnant and not loving it

Alright well I have been horrible at updating this and I have no real excuse. I am still pregnant despite 4 weeks of bedrest and being told I was in "preterm labor". Apparently it worked well...too well...and now I am term and could deliver and of couse am still pregnant. The baby will come when its ready though and I'm trying not to fixate on it too much. I have started doing sets of stairs everyday and running a mile every night when kevin comes from work.. I figure this will help prepare my body for the whole labor thing even if I have to end up being induced. We had some snow a few weeks ago and Isak loves to play in it, mostly poke it with stick and make holes and then lay in it and roll around.

Kevin has started busy season and is working 11 hour days which makes for long days for Isak and I and makes him tired. This makes me want the baby to come all the more so then I can at least see him for a few days.


Since I've been on bedrest and have been very pregnant, Isak has gotten away with a lot. I figure I can retrain him once I'm done being pregnant. He's watched too much tv and gets pretty much whatever he wants because I'm too tired to argue.

I
have no idea where Isak learned to wear a helmet when riding his motorcycle but apparently safety is very important to him because he started doing this on his own.



This is Isak hanging out in his chair with his dogs, taking it easy. I love it when he's this relaxed...
Below is a little video of Isak, I tried to catch him whining with his eyes closed for Whitney but I'm not sure I captured the full beauty of it. He's really good at whining and will run into random furniture because he walks around doing it with his eyes closed. Its hard not to laugh.


3 comments:

Crystal said...

Poor Lena. Don't worry your baby will be here before you know it and then the sleepless nights start. Isak is so cute. I love the helmet pictures. I understand the tax season the days sure seem to be longer. Anyway good luck and keep us posted. Can't wait to see the new one.

Kevin and Eliza said...

Hang in there, I'm sure the baby will come soon. Wow I can't believe you a running a mile every night. I hardly feel like even walking. Way to go!

Miss Lovely's Musings said...

Have Kevin massage all the way around your ankles. In Eastern medicine, these are the forbidden pregnancy points and they can bring on labor.