Sunday, July 27, 2008

Oregon Coast and Cows


Wow what busy couple weeks we have had. I have been a horrible blogger but hopefully I will make up for it with the many many pictures I have posted. I took off to the Oregon Coast with Isak by myself with Kevin's family, it was quite the adventure. His grandma rents a house on the Oregon Coast every year right on the beach. It was a lot of fun but a lot of work for me. I have sinced informed Kevin I am never going anywhere for that long with our children by myself until they're old enough to drive themselves. We managed to squeeze a couple days in at home and Isak got to see the cows at the dairy. He really liked them and despite all the flies, he was very cute with them.
Isak absolutely loved the ocean. I'm beginning to learn that this child has no fear. The water was so cold it hurt my feet but Isak was sitting in it without problem shoving sand into his mouth.
Luckily we found a little tidepool of sorts near the ocean that wasn't as cold that the kids like to play in. Isak got to meet his cousins Claire and Josh for the first time and they had lots of fun playing out on the beach.
Lincoln City has this wonderful outlet mall that is always the highlight of our trip. We love to shop there and almost without fail every year buy something that is all the same. We loved these yellow jackets we found at the Hollister outlet. They are so soft and warm!
Isak discovered he loves chairs. Rocking chairs, recliners, doesn't matter. He probably sat in every chair in that beach house at least twice.

We found this awesome little park that had this wooden play equipment that was shaped like a castle. It had tons of little coves and small places to hide.
Isak and Claire. Isak out weighs her by about 10 lbs and 4 months. She is so sweet and little and so light to carry!
Did I mention how much sand this kid ate? I was cleaning sand out of his diapers for days. He ate it in fistfuls.


The baby cows were really fun and licked Isak's hand...he loves anything that is furry and moves.







h
**a side note. For all of you that are oh so perceptive you may have notice my addition to the "gilbert family". We are in fact expecting a baby in mid febuary. I am about 3 months along. Suprised? Well, we kind of were to. Isak is 14 months for those of you doing the math and that makes him 21 months when the baby is born. Much closer than I ever intended but this was very much the right decision for Kevin and I despite the many fears and doubts I have about my abilities to take care of 2 such young children. We feel we will be blessed and that Heavenly Father very much wants this little spirit to join our family in Febuary so here we are. Don't expect any pics of the "bump" anytime soon. I haven't been feeling too "perky" lately but I think it will get better.

6 comments:

Whitney R said...

This is Vicki and I, we've stayed up past our bedtime to read your blog. Here is a few things we loved about it.

How Vicki's eyes are closed in the yellow sweater pic. (A replacement will be sent to you - Pronto)

How Isak loves furry things that move... Kevin?

Claire loves to catch flies in every picture

How we'll secretley take a picture of your "bump" and post it for all to see.

How there are no pictures of Josh because I'm sure in the corner there was a red faced screaming Isak.

How you didn't mention that you were grateful your son loved sand because it meant more money saved on food for you.

Whitney R said...

P.S. It's really late for the two of us old farts. (actually 11:22 not 10:22)

Emily Katlyn West said...

Ah SHeesh, thank heaven for that sidenote! I was about ready to read through every last one of your blogs scanning for when I could have possible missed the announcement! ANd Fetus makes 4. . . .that's funny! Remember how your kid loves eating dirt and sand! I love it!

Crystal said...

Hey Congrats! I am so excited for you and don't worry you will do great with two.

Katie said...

Congrats, Lena!

Suzie Koskella said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you, and you are wonderful mom!